High pt upgrade video conference on Apr. 24,2003
High pt upgrade video conference on Apr. 24, 2003
- Sites; Tsukuba-TokyoCNS-BNL
- Time ; April 24, 9AM-11AM (Japan) / April 23rd, 8PM-10PM (NY)
- Aeogel status, Y.Miake
- Index n ; 1.0112 +- 0.0002
- Tile Size ; 112.5 +-1 mm x 112.5 +- 1 mm x 11.0 +- 0.5 mm
- Partial delivery started
- 2/3 by End of June
- So far not much variation in index
- Very fragile (Smaller the index, more fragile)
- Final yield rate (no crack, etc) may be 50%
- We may ship directly to BNL (assembly site) without index measurements.
- Prototype test results (RUN3), M. Konno
- Box Design , Pete Kroon
- Possibility of box production at Tsukuba, Y. Miake
- Using the drawing which Pete distributed in April, I have
consulted with a local company.
- They cannot do point welding for such thin aluminum sheets.
- They want to apply RIBET's which sticks out 1.5 mm from the inner
- Cost with RIBET construction, it will be about $80/box.
- If we ask to glue instead of RIBET, cost will be at least a factor of 2
higher because of extra requirements of jigs and man power.
- Effect of magnetic field (LED,RUN3), M. Konno
- Mu-metal shield test (Effect on charge), M.Shimomura
- Mu-metal shield test (Effect on timing), S.Takagi
- Cooling test, M. Konno
- Connector selection, M. Inaba, E.Kistenev
- LED pulser & Bleeder test, M. Shimomura
- Trigger/Preamp/FEE, Narumi, K. Ozawa
- Software preparation, H. Masui